For more information about the School of Fine Arts at the Beverly Arts Center, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Click on any of the session dates
in the catalog to register.
Legacy Writing &
Humerous Stories: Memoir, Fiction or Whatnot classes
under SoFA Spotlight
are NO LONGER AVAILABLE
School of Fine Arts FAQ
This information is usually listed on the “Welcome Letters” sent out by the Teaching Artists 24-48 hours prior to the start of the first class. If it isn’t listed, please see our Front Desk before class time.
The Teaching Artist will send out a “Welcome Letter” with an overview of the class and the most current 8-week syllabus. It also contains contact information for the Teaching Artist.
Classes under the minimum number of enrollment can be canceled by the BAC. Patrons will be refunded the full amount in these circumstances. Students registered for the class will be notified prior to the start date in most cases unless the class is allowed to run for the first day. If classes are still under the threshold after the first class, patrons will be refunded for the remaining classes in the session.
Sessions typically run in 8-week sessions during the school year. In summer, School of Fine Arts moves into a 6-week session. There are some 3-week workshops that occur throughout the year.
No refunds are issued unless a class has been canceled by the BAC. In all other cases, a credit will be issued on the account after the first class only for the remainder of the session along with a $25.00 cancellation fee.
The School of Fine Arts is off for Labor Day and Memorial Day. School is not in session during the weeks of Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years, and the Fourth of July.
If patrons have purchased the Winter 2 & Spring Dance Class package, the costume for the Spring Concert will be included in the package as well as two tickets to the show. If patrons have opted into an 8-week payment plan, patrons will need to additionally purchase the costume for $50.00 and any tickets for the concert through the Front Desk.
Tickets usually go on sale about a month prior to the performance. The performances are currently scheduled for the weekend of June 24th & 25th.
- For children’s and teenage ballet classes pink leotards, pink tights, and pink ballet shoes are recommended. A white t-shirt, black sweatpants and black ballet shoes are also acceptable wear for ballet classes. For Adult Ballet, close-fitting, comfortable clothing is recommended. Please do not wear costumes or tutus. Students should wear Ballet shoes, however, socks are also permitted for basic classes.
- For Teeny Tot Hip Hop and Hip Hop I classes, comfortable clothing and gym shoes are acceptable wear.
- For Jazz, students need black bottoms, a solid colored leotard, and black jazz shoes.
- For children’s tap classes, students need black dance bottoms, a solid colored leotard or top, and black tap shoes.
- For adult tap classes, students should wear comfortable clothings with pants ending above the angle and black tap shoes.
- For combo classes, students can wear any color leotard with tights, pink ballet shoes, black tap shoes, and a white t-shirt with any color sweatpants.
- For Chicago-Style Steppin’ classes, dance attire should be comfortable. Shoes should have support and smooth soles: leather or suede. If wearing heels, 3.5 inches are recommended.
The latest a student can sign up for a 16-week recital track class is before the start of the second class in the Winter 2 session. After that, all registration will be closed until the Summer session starting the week of June 26th, 2023.
Visual Arts FAQ
Supplies are currently provided for all Visual Arts classes. However, it is recommended that students purchase their own drawing paper, drawing pencil, and eraser for drawing classes (so as to work on them at home) for Drawing classes including Art for Preteens & Teens: Figure Drawing and Art for Adults: Drawing.
- The BAC offers three different Open Studios. Open Studio: Ceramics from 5:00pm-8:00pm on Tuesdays, Open Studio: Fused Glass from 5:00pm-8:00pm on Tuesdays, and Open Studio: Painting on Tuesdays from 5:00pm-8:00pm and Saturdays from 12:00pm-3:00pm. Registration must be made before the start of each session. Only students currently enrolled in Fused Glass & Ceramics classes can take Open Studio for these disciplines. Open Studio: Painting is open to the general public.
- Open Studio: Ceramics offers a 25-pound brick of clay with the purchase. Additional bricks can be purchased for $30.00.
- Open Studio: Fused Glass offers glass shards. Extra sheets of glass can be purchased for $20.00 per sheet.
- Open Studio: Painting offers Canvas, Oil, and Acrylic sets available in the studio as well painting tools.
Students registered for guitar and string classes should bring their own instruments. There are acoustic guitars on-site that may be used temporarily and on-site only if a student does not bring a guitar to class. Drum classes have drumsticks and drum pads available during class use. Piano classes have a piano lab held in the Dark Room.
Students can reach out to the Education Manager, Matt McKinney, if requesting use of the practice rooms @ email@example.com. Practice rooms are only available on a first-come, first-served basis and only open during the BAC business hours. Only students currently enrolled in a piano class can practice. Students under 12 must be accompanied by a guardian/parent.
Students perform twice a year in our bi-annual music recitals held in the Baffes Theatre. The next show is scheduled for Thursday, June 22nd. There will be a dress rehearsal held on Tuesday, June 20th.
If interested in private music lessons, the Front Desk holds contact information for private lesson instructors in the area. They can provide a list of these instructors at your request. Instructors who teach private lessons rent our studio space and the transaction of funds for lessons is solely between the instructor and the patron.
Please check our website for information related to auditions or email Emily Nelson @ firstname.lastname@example.org.
Yes. Students registered in Spring classes can participate in the Summer Theatre Showcase on Friday, June 30th, 2023 @ 6:30pm. A dress rehearsal will be held earlier in the week on a date to be determined. Tickets will be sold to the show.